The Top100 Mid Sized Companies Survey seeks to identify Kenya's fastest growing medium sized companies, showcase their business excellence and highlight some of the country’s most successful entrepreneurship stories.
- All participants in the survey will have the benefit of attending the Top100 conference and be invited to the FY 17 bi-monthly forums where you will have an opportunity to network with your peers and focus on pertinent issues affecting your business.
- All participating companies who complete the general questionnaire will receive an industry-specific report outlining market metrics and benchmarks for key performance indicators for mid-sized companies.
- All participating companies who complete both the general and financial questionnaires have an opportunity to be ranked among the Top100 and enjoy the benefits of being a Top100 club member. In addition, you will obtain detailed feedback on your company’s performance and if you are not among the Top100, clear feedback on the reasons why not and what you can do to improve.
Start a New Survey
The tenth edition of annual Top100 survey is now open
We hope you are keeping well. The Top100 2017 Survey is here! In this tenth year, we are doing it differently. The Top100 survey this year is open only to those companies that have been recognised in the past nine years.
In this 10th Anniversary survey, we want to celebrate how far you have come. We want to hear about your transformation in all aspects. This includes transformation from a financial perspective, geographical coverage, corporate social responsibility, gender diversity at CEO level, innovation among others.
Please note that since you have been recognised previously on the basis of financial turnover of KShs 70 – 1 billion, this criteria will not be used to qualify your company to participate. Your company’s participation will be solely based on the fact that you have been recognised previously as a Top100 company.
We are looking forwarding to your participation in this exciting survey. To participate, please contact the following people:
+254 709 576 066
The survey covers both financial and non financial information. Each company is required to complete two questionnaires – a Financial Questionnaire and a General Questionnaire.
The General Questionnaire provides information aimed at providing an understanding of the business, its history, products and services, ownership, management practices, business confidence outlook, job creation, approach to corporate social responsibility, and the extent to which ICTs are used in the business.
The Financial Questionnaire covers the following information for each participating company for the three preceding three financial years.
- The revenue range within which the company falls. No company is required to disclose its actual revenue.
- The annual revenue growth rate
- Return on equity
- Return on equity adjusted for any new capital raised during the financial year
- Current ratio
- Quick ratio
- No of days sales in debtors
Funding structure and servicing of Debt funding
- Debt equity ratio
- Interest cover ratio
- Retention ratio
Maurice Gachuhi, Manager, KPMG, Kenya
|These are the questionnaires to be completed. Companies that are ranked in the survey are required to complete both the general and financial questionnaire and submit an Auditors Confirmation. See further details under each questionnaire.|
| General Company Information Questionnaire|
| Financial Questionnaire|
| The Financial Calculator|